RFID technology enables the electronic labeling and wireless identification of objects using radio frequency communications. An RFID system has three main components:
- Tags - also called chips, transponders; they carry data which identify animal/ item to which they’re attached.
- Readers - communicate wireless with the tags.
- Software application - reads/ writes data to/ from tags through the readers.
How It Works?
- Reader sends energy to tag for power.
- Tag sends ID data back to the reader.
- Reader decodes and transmits to the host.
- Real time inventory tracking with alert capability.
- Automated inventory tracking scans many items simultaneously versus labor - intensive manual and barcode reading processes.
- Reduces human error - no double scanning or mis-scanning of jewellery items or jewellery bags.
- Greater information storage capabilities (in RFID tags).
- Better security - RFID tags more difficult to remove and not subject to copying.
- Custom designed software/ hardware to meet individual client needs